NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Pfizer (PFE), Coca-Cola Bottling (COKE), American Water Works (AWK), Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT), Norfolk Southern (NSC) and Plains All American Pipeline (PAA).
Each of these stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The drugmaker Tuesday reported fourth-quarter adjusted earnings of $3.86 billion, or 50 cents a share, topping the estimates of analysts by 3 cents."Nothing in the qtr or guidance changes our positive outlook," UBS analysts wrote in a report on Tuesday. "Mgt. continues to execute well, including the pipeline (recent approvals of Axitinib and Prevnar 13 Adult), cost cutting, share buyback, as well as diversified performance on many fronts. We continue to see value here and see the next catalysts as Tofa and the strategic actions for Animal Health and Nutrition." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 4.1% Rated "A- (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's third-quarter gross profit margin was about the same as a year earlier. Pfizer has strong liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.61, which demonstrates an ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the third quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 2.75% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $25.12. The stock closed Monday at $21.58.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV