Law Firm Brower Piven Announces Investigation In Connection With The Acquisition Of Thomas & Betts Corporation By ABB
The law firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of Thomas & Betts Corporation (“Thomas & Betts”) (NYSE: TNB) and other violations of state law by the board of directors of Thomas & Betts relating to the proposed acquisition of the company by ABB. The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the board breached its fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value.
On January 30, 2012, ABB and Thomas & Betts announced that they had entered into a definitive merger agreement providing for ABB to acquire Thomas & Betts for $3.9 billion. Under the terms of the merger agreement, Thomas & Betts shareholders will receive $72.00 for each share of Thomas & Betts common stock held.
If you currently own shares of Thomas & Betts and would like to learn
more about the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, you may
email or call Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you,
attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Brower Piven by email
by calling (410) 415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional
Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Attorneys
at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and other
class action cases of over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV