Offering healthcare professionals the fastest disinfectant technology since bleach
OAKLAND, Calif., Jan. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Clorox Professional Products Company, a division of The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) announced today the introduction of Clorox Healthcare(TM) Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes and Spray, a new line of ready-to-use, one-step cleaner disinfectants engineered with a patented activated hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) formula. These activated hydrogen peroxide products are registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to kill 32 bacteria and viruses in 30-seconds to one minute, the fastest non-bleach contact time available.
Clorox Healthcare(TM) Hydrogen Peroxide products are noncorrosive, compatible with many healthcare surfaces and medical equipment and are recommended for daily surface disinfection facility-wide. Bleach is also recommended for daily disinfection and is particularly important for dealing with C. difficile infections. The new activated hydrogen peroxide products complement Clorox's bleach and quaternary-based portfolio of healthcare products."Healthcare professionals told us they needed disinfectants that work fast and are efficient, compatible with healthcare surfaces and comfortable for use by cleaning staff as well as around patients," said Beata Grabowski, director of marketing, Clorox Professional Products Company. "We listened to our end users and created a technical breakthrough in daily disinfection, offering speed, compliance, value and excellent product aesthetics to help healthcare professionals fight healthcare-associated infections (HAIs)." Clorox Healthcare(TM) Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes and Spray offer:
- The fastest disinfecting technology since bleach: Clorox Healthcare(TM) Hydrogen Peroxide products use unique activators to deliver H2O2 directly into organisms' cells for the fastest non-bleach contact times available. Most bacteria and viruses are killed in 30-seconds to one minute, including dangerous bacteria that cause HAIs like S. aureus, K. pneumoniae, A. baumannii, P. aeruginosa and Enterobacter aerogenes. The products are also registered to kill norovirus, a claim some leading competitors lack.
- Superior value and compliance: Clorox Healthcare(TM) Hydrogen Peroxide products cover and disinfect greater surface area with fewer wipes, which reduces costs for healthcare facilities. Wipes meet all bacteria and virus contact times with one wipe, helping ensure compliance for better patient outcomes.
- Excellent aesthetics and fragrance free: Clorox Healthcare(TM) Hydrogen Peroxide products have a light, naturally-occurring scent for optimal patient and staff comfort, do not have harsh chemical odors or fumes and are formulated for use facility-wide in the most sensitive patient areas.
- Broad healthcare surface compatibility: Clorox Healthcare(TM) Hydrogen Peroxide products are non-corrosive and do not leave residues that can damage equipment over time. They also are recommended for use on hard, non-porous surfaces such as stainless steel, vinyl, painted metals, glass, baked enamel, chrome, glazed tile, glazed ceramic, glazed porcelain, porcelain enamel, laminated surfaces, plastic and sealed fiberglass.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts