NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Throughout the financial crisis the Scandinavian countries have proven out to be fiscally very sound with low debt-to-GDP ratios and much sounder banking systems due to having had their own banking crisis 20 years ago.
Lately, fund provider iShares has been making it easier to access the region having just listed the iShares MSCI Norway Capped Investable Index Fund (ENOR) to go along with its longstanding MSCI Sweden Index Fund (EWD). And now comes the third fund from the region, the iShares MSCI Finland Capped Investable Index Fund EFNL.
The new Finland ETF has 47 holdings and will charge a 0.53% expense ration.
The largest sectors include industrials at 28% of the fund followed by technology at 19%, materials 14% and financials at 13% of the fund. Nokia (NOK) is by far the largest single holding at 17% of the fund followed by insurer Sampo at 9%, utility company Fortum 8% and elevator manufacturer Kone at 7%.Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. In many articles I've written for TheStreet.com I've stressed the importance of knowing at least a little about any very large holding in an ETF. Most U.S.-based investors know about Nokia. The company's stock price has struggled mightily in the market and against its competitors making innovative cell phones. In the last year NOK is down 50%, for five years it is down 73% and for 10 years Nokia is down 77%. If the stock continues on that trajectory then it will be a drag on the Finland ETF's performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV