PITTSBURGH, Jan. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) announced a plan for the sale of U. S. Steel Serbia d.o.o. to the Republic of Serbia for a nominal purchase price, subject to finalization and execution of definitive agreements. U. S. Steel expects to record a total non-cash charge of between $400 and $450 million in the first quarter of 2012, which includes the expected loss on the sale and a charge of approximately $50 million to recognize the cumulative currency translation adjustment related to the company's net investment in Serbia. The sale is expected to close on Jan. 31, 2012.
For more information about U. S. Steel, visit www.ussteel.com.
SOURCE United States Steel Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV