6 Businesses Run by Couples
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- How do couples manage to work side by side and shift into family mode at the end of the workday? We talked to six couples who admit its difficult but find a way to do it anyway.
They say it's important is to make sure each partner is upfront about their strengths -- and weaknesses -- ambition levels and comfort with money before going into business together. And, as one business owner put it, there is little place for giant egos when working with your spouse.
Not every couple is able to work together, but here are the couples we found who are doing it right:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV