Interested in more on Republic Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Patriot Bank Minnesota
State regulators took over Patriot Bank of Minnesota, which had 111.3 million in total assets and $108.3 million in deposits. The FDIC sold the failed bank to First Resource Bank of Savage, Minn.
The FDIC agreed to cover 80% of losses on $79.4 million of the failed bank's assets acquired by First Resource Bank, and estimated the cost of Patriot Bank of Minnesota's failure to the deposit insurance fund would be$32.6 million.The failed bank's three branches were scheduled to reopen Saturday as branches of First Resource Bank.
BankEastTennessee regulators also shuttered BankEast of Knoxville, which had $272.6 million in assets and $268.8 million in deposits. The FDIC was appointed receiver and sold the failed bank to U.S Bank, NA of Cincinnati, which is the main subsidiary of U.S Bancorp (USB). The failed bank's 10 offices were scheduled to reopen Monday as U.S. Bank branches, and the FDIC estimated the cost of Patriot Bank Minnesota's failure to the deposit insurance fund would be $75.6 million.
Thorough Bank Failure CoverageThere were three bank failures last week following 92 bank failures closures 2011. All previous bank and thrift closures since the beginning of 2008 are detailed in TheStreet's interactive bank failure map:
Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV