Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) is the fastest-growing stock on the list above. Its EPS grew at 87.72% on average annually during the past five years.
It also has a high operating margin of 28.16%. Alexion is engaged in discovering, developing and commercializing therapeutic products aimed at treating patients with severe and life-threatening diseases. Its total revenue increased from only $1.56 million in 2006 to $541 million in 2010. ALXN was held by 20 hedge funds at the end of the third quarter. Andreas Halvorsen's Viking Global also bought $46 million worth of new ALXN shares during the third quarter.
We like healthcare stocks. Healthcare is still growing faster than the rest of the economy and National Health Expenditures (NHE) as a share of GDP is expected to reach 19.6% by 2019. We think health care is a promising sector and we encourage investors to do some in-depth research on the profitable healthcare stocks for their portfolios.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Health Care Stocks to Watch portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV