Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) is the fastest-growing stock on the list above. Its EPS grew at 87.72% on average annually during the past five years.
It also has a high operating margin of 28.16%. Alexion is engaged in discovering, developing and commercializing therapeutic products aimed at treating patients with severe and life-threatening diseases. Its total revenue increased from only $1.56 million in 2006 to $541 million in 2010. ALXN was held by 20 hedge funds at the end of the third quarter. Andreas Halvorsen's Viking Global also bought $46 million worth of new ALXN shares during the third quarter. Jim Simons' Renaissance Technologies had $23.4 million invested in ALXN at the end of September.
We like healthcare stocks. Healthcare is still growing faster than the rest of the economy and National Health Expenditures (NHE) as a share of GDP is expected to reach 19.6% by 2019. We think health care is a promising sector and we encourage investors to do some in-depth research on the profitable healthcare stocks for their portfolios.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Health Care Stocks to Watch portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV