The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Insider Monkey) -- During the recent market turmoil, the financial markets have been hit by one crisis after another. Most people are pessimistic about the economy.
Central banks all around the world have been trying to stimulate the economy by applying inflationary monetary policies. One result of the Fed's monetary policy is ultra-low yielding long-term Treasuries. It doesn't make sense to invest in 10-year Treasuries for the long term. With the low interest rates, investors are better off by investing in high-dividend stocks.
We ran a screen for stocks that were rated 5 stars, or "strong buy," by Standard & Poor's, and compiled a list of 5 large-cap dividend stocks that offer dividend yields greater than 5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV