Like the U.S., China has enjoyed an encouraging start to 2012. It will be interesting to see of the optimism can hold up in the week ahead.
PowerShares DB Commodity Fund (DBC)
Once a darling among investors, the commodities market has fallen out of favor recently as looming market headwinds and lingering growth concerns have driven many away from natural resources. Late last week, the Wall Street Journal reported that commodity-related bets dipped by 19% in 2011, marking the most pronounced contraction in a dozen years.
Despite the falloff, I still encourage investors to set aside a small slice of their portfolio for commodity-related holdings. DBC's portfolio boasts exposure to futures contracts linked to 14 products ranging from aluminum to corn. This wide reach will help the fund hold up even during periods of market duress.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV