MENLO PARK, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- Facebook is edging closer to its eagerly-anticipated IPO, according to The Wall Street Journal, which says that the social networking phenomenon may file its IPO documents on Wednesday. Experts say that now is the perfect time for Facebook to start out on its IPO path.
"We expected them to file in the third to fourth week of January because they closed their prior quarter Dec. 31.," said Sam Hamadeh, CEO of research firm PrivCo. "Now they get a full 120 days runway to take off with the IPO without showing any other quarterly numbers and filing any amendments."
"All the stars are aligned," he added. "We predict that it'll trade before May 15, probably in late April or early May."
Citing an unnamed source, The Journal reports that Facebook may be looking at a valuation of $75 billion to $100 billion. Morgan Stanley (MS), it added, is close to winning the deal to become Facebook's lead underwriter, although Goldman Sachs (GS) may also play a major role.Scott Sweet, senior managing partner at IPO Boutique, predicts that Facebook will easily be the hottest IPO of 2012, and says that now is a great time for CEO Mark Zuckerberg to take the company public. "It's just time for them," said Sweet. "They have brought in the best of management
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV