Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 67 points (-0.5%) at 12,667 as of Friday, Jan 27, 2012, 1:40 p.m. ET. During this time, 369.8 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,666 issues advancing vs. 1,233 declining with 127 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ), which is sporting a four-cent gain to $37.38. Volume for Verizon Communications currently sits at 9.4 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 13.9 million shares. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $106.99 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 6.9% year to date as of Thursday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 5.3%. Verizon Communications Inc. provides communication services. The company operates through two segments, Domestic Wireless and Wireline. The Domestic Wireless segment offers wireless voice and data services; and sells equipment in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.5, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 18.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Verizon Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV