BOSTON, Jan. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Block & Leviton LLP ( blockesq.com), a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duties by the Board of Directors of Solutia Inc. ("Solutia" or the "Company") (NYSE: SOA) with regards to the proposed acquisition of the Company by Eastern Chemical Company ("Eastern Chemical") (NYSE: EMN). Under the terms of the proposed transaction, Solutia shareholders would receive $22 in cash and 0.12 shares of Eastern Chemical for each share of Solutia common stock. This amounts to a total offer price of $27.65 per share, based on Eastern Chemical's closing price of $47.12 yesterday.
Block & Leviton's investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether Solutia's Directors breached their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value in the proposed transaction. More specifically, at least one analyst has valued Solutia at $31.00 per share, suggesting that the $27.65 offer price is inadequate.
If you are a Solutia shareholder and have questions about your legal rights, please contact Whitney Street of Block & Leviton LLP at (617) 398-5630 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Block & Leviton is a Boston-based law firm representing investors for violations of securities laws. The firm's lawyers have collectively been prosecuting securities cases on behalf of investors for over 40 years.This notice may constitute attorney advertising. SOURCE Block & Leviton LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV