Mitt Romney's 6 Homes
Wolfeboro, N.H., compound
In 1997, the Romneys plunked down $3 million for a summer home on 11 acres of lakefront in New Hampshire. The three-story, six-bedroom contemporary sits along Lake Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro, "the oldest summer resort in America."
With a 5,400-square-foot main house and additional guest house, the estate is worth an estimated $10 million. Home to the Romney crew -- children and grandchildren -- each summer, some wonder if the GOP candidate's familiarity with the state helped him clinch the New Hampshire primary.
In 1999, the Romneys picked up another vacation home. This time, the family decided on a mountain ski home in Park City, Utah. At the time, Romney was working as CEO and president of the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, where he is credited with establishing critical credibility for the scandal-plagued organizing committee. Romney's leadership in the Olympics was largely viewed as a success, leading him to write Turnaround: Crisis, Leadership and the Olympic Games (Regnery, 2004) about his experience. More chalet than cabin, Romney's seven-bedroom, 9.5-bath home sits at the end of a cul-de-sac on nearly 11 acres. A premier destination for snow sport enthusiasts, Park City real estate doesn't come cheap. Romney's home was no exception; the 9,514-square-foot home sold in 2009 for a little under the $5.3 million asking price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV