Number four, we have the sp-mode malfunction countermeasures. And number five, the countermeasures for the packet switch failure. And under item number six, we would like to explain how we are going to ensure prompt information disclosure to customers.
Now, let me begin the explanation. As I said earlier, on the 16th of August, the 20th of December and 1st of January, we faced sp-mode troubles. As we see in the overview there, the MAPS system, sp-mode system, was the cause of this problem. The MAPS is a group of service that offers the sp-mode service.
And on the 16th of August, the trouble occurred in the network authentication server which is responsible for authenticating customers. Then on the 20th of December, the point of failure occurred in the user management server. And as you see there, this caused a breach of secrecy of communication and leakage of personal information.
And then also in the mail transmission/reception system, we also saw a failure on the 1st of January in the mail information server. So, those are all the troubles related to sp-mode system.Then on page four, this is about the packet switch malfunction that we’ve encountered two days ago on the 25th of January. Because packets, as you may be aware, packet switch is the switch that handles the data communication service.Now let me explain this, if it happened, the impact if it happened. Now, we have seven units of existing packet switches and the whole (inaudible) of existing packet switches as you on the left and right on this chart which accommodates the radio network control there, providing service to Area A and Area B of Tokyo. Now, the new packet switches that you see in the model are the switches that we have been introducing in order to expand the capacity of the network in order to accommodate the growth of smartphones.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV