The board of directors of GATX Corporation (NYSE:GMT) today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.30 per common share, payable March 31, 2012, to shareholders of record on March 2, 2012. GATX has paid quarterly dividends uninterrupted since 1919, and the increase announced today represents a 3.4% increase from the prior quarter.
“The dividend increase is reflective of the Board’s confidence in GATX’s long-term plan and the Company’s continued commitment to our shareholders,” said Brian A. Kenney, chairman and chief executive officer of GATX Corporation.
The board also declared a quarterly dividend of $0.625 per share on the $2.50 preferred stock, payable March 1, 2012, to shareholders of record on February 15, 2012, unchanged from the previous quarter.
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONGATX Corporation (NYSE:GMT) provides leasing and related services to customers operating rail, marine and other targeted assets. GATX is a leader in leasing transportation assets and controls one of the largest railcar fleets in the world. Applying over a century of operating experience and strong market and asset expertise, GATX provides quality assets and services to customers worldwide. GATX has been headquartered in Chicago, Illinois since its founding in 1898 and has traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 1916. For more information, visit the Company’s website at www.gatx.com. Investor, corporate, financial, historical financial, photographic and news release information may be found at www.gatx.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV