3. C.R. Bard
Liability Adjusted Cash Flow Yield: 5.44%
Dividend Yield: 0.82%
Return on Invested Capital: 32.99%By happenstance, the 10 stocks named in this article form a reasonably diverse portfolio. If there is any redundancy to be had, one could argue that C.R. Bard (BCR) and Becton Dickinson -- both New Jersey-headquartered medical equipment providers -- present an either-or situation. Over the decades, Bard has delivered investors a better return (perhaps a reflection of the company's superior return on capital), and Bard is the cheaper of the two companies. However, Becton Dickinson's dividend yield exceeds Bard's by a wide margin. Without analyzing the future prospects of either company, Bard may present the better long-term value while Becton Dickinson may prove more attractive for investors seeking a higher-level of current income. The "right" answer may prove dependent on the investor's personal situation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV