9. Hormel Foods
Liability Adjusted Cash Flow Yield: 3.84%
Dividend Yield: 2.09%
Return on Invested Capital: 14.12%Hormel (HRL) is a brand that many Americans will recognize -- and the company may have tapped into one of America's favorite snacking celebrations: Super Bowl Sunday. Historically, search interest for this meat purveyor peaked around December, according to Google Insights for Search (not surprisingly, as "party trays" are a common fixture at holiday celebrations). But beginning last year -- and projected into this year -- search interest peaked during the first weekend of February. Seemingly, cheese dip is of particular interest. For income investors, Hormel yields slightly more than the S&P 500 (and raised its distribution 21% from 2010 to 2011). But, anathema! The company dedicated more cash to share buybacks than dividend distributions last year. For buy-and-hold investors, this is a frustrating use of capital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV