NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Brookfield Asset Management Inc Class A (NYSE:BAM) is Monday, January 30, 2012. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 13 cents per share. At a price of $30.32 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 1.7%. The average volume for Brookfield Asset Management Inc Class A has been 957,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Brookfield Asset Management Inc Class A has a market cap of $19.02 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets under management. Through its subsidiaries the firm invests in the property, power, and infrastructure sectors. The company has a P/E ratio of eight, equal to the average real estate industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Sign up for TheStreet's FREE Dividend and Income Investor Newsletter
Latest Headlines about BAM
Brookfield Asset Management Cumulative Exchangeable Redeemable Class A Preference Shares, Series 8 Ex-Dividend Reminder
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV