Qualcomm (QCOM) is a designer and manufacturer of digital communications products. It has been given a buy rating by UBS Investment Research, primarily due to the increase in demand for Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors. With the increase in usage of LTE, bigger displays and thinner phones, Qualcomm's processors are experiencing a rise in demand. UBS does not expect the company's competitive position to be jolted despite the increase in discrete application processors offered by Intel and NVIDIA. Shares of Qualcomm are currently trading at $58 per share and are expected to reach a price target of $70, indicating a potential upside of 20%.
Qualcomm is one of the most popular stocks among hedge funds. Qualcomm introduced its new Snapdragon S4 processor for powering Windows 8 tablet devices. We expect an increase in demand for Qualcomm's processors. We are bullish about QCOM.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 UBS Stock Picks for 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV