Qualcomm (QCOM) is a designer and manufacturer of digital communications products. It has been given a buy rating by UBS Investment Research, primarily due to the increase in demand for Qualcomm's Snapdragon processors. With the increase in usage of LTE, bigger displays and thinner phones, Qualcomm's processors are experiencing a rise in demand. UBS does not expect the company's competitive position to be jolted despite the increase in discrete application processors offered by Intel and NVIDIA. Shares of Qualcomm are currently trading at $58 per share and are expected to reach a price target of $70, indicating a potential upside of 20%.
Qualcomm is one of the most popular stocks among hedge funds. Qualcomm introduced its new Snapdragon S4 processor for powering Windows 8 tablet devices. We expect an increase in demand for Qualcomm's processors. We are bullish about QCOM.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 UBS Stock Picks for 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV