SALT LAKE CITY, Jan. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ClearOne (NASDAQ: CLRO) today announced the acquisition of Israel-based VCON Video Conferencing, a leader in high-performance, end-to-end, software video conferencing solutions.
ClearOne entered into a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all the assets of VCON. Under the terms of the asset purchase agreement, ClearOne will pay $4.5 million in cash and will not assume any debt or cash. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of this quarter, subject to customary closing conditions, including applicable regulatory and court approvals.
VCON has established a comprehensive portfolio of industry-leading HD videoconferencing solutions comprising feature-rich room systems and desktop video applications, as well as enhanced network management and infrastructure solutions. With the acquisition of VCON, ClearOne will offer a complete suite of audio and video conferencing and collaboration solutions.
VCON brings cutting-edge software-based full HD (1080p) video conferencing technology with H.264 High Profile encoding that reduces bandwidth utilization up to 50 percent. Unique features to VCON software-based video endpoint solutions include:
- Embedded multipoint video conferencing
- Embedded SIP/H.323 bridging interoperability with all leading standards-based hardware and software video conferencing endpoints
- Built-in recording and streaming
- Built-in remote content and data sharing
- Built-in interactive multicast
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV