SALT LAKE CITY, Jan. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ClearOne (NASDAQ: CLRO) today announced the acquisition of Israel-based VCON Video Conferencing, a leader in high-performance, end-to-end, software video conferencing solutions.
ClearOne entered into a definitive agreement to acquire substantially all the assets of VCON. Under the terms of the asset purchase agreement, ClearOne will pay $4.5 million in cash and will not assume any debt or cash. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of this quarter, subject to customary closing conditions, including applicable regulatory and court approvals.
VCON has established a comprehensive portfolio of industry-leading HD videoconferencing solutions comprising feature-rich room systems and desktop video applications, as well as enhanced network management and infrastructure solutions. With the acquisition of VCON, ClearOne will offer a complete suite of audio and video conferencing and collaboration solutions.
VCON brings cutting-edge software-based full HD (1080p) video conferencing technology with H.264 High Profile encoding that reduces bandwidth utilization up to 50 percent. Unique features to VCON software-based video endpoint solutions include:
- Embedded multipoint video conferencing
- Embedded SIP/H.323 bridging interoperability with all leading standards-based hardware and software video conferencing endpoints
- Built-in recording and streaming
- Built-in remote content and data sharing
- Built-in interactive multicast
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV