Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: ARLP) today reported that it achieved record financial results for the eleventh consecutive year, with records for revenues, EBITDA, net income and net income per basic and diluted limited partner unit for the year ended December 31, 2011 (the "2011 Period"). Revenues for the 2011 Period climbed to $1.8 billion, an increase of 14.5% compared to the year ended December 31, 2010 (the "2010 Period"). Increased revenues contributed to higher EBITDA, up 14.3% to $570.8 million, net income, which jumped 21.3% to $389.4 million, and net income per basic and diluted limited partner unit, which rose 21.7% to $8.13 per unit. (For a discussion of EBITDA and related reconciliations to comparable GAAP financial measures, please see the end of this release.)
For the quarter ended December 31, 2011 (the “2011 Quarter”), revenues increased 13.4% to $474.6 million, compared to the quarter ended December 31, 2010 (the “2010 Quarter”). Net income and net income per basic and diluted limited partner unit were also higher in the 2011 Quarter, as net income increased 5.0% to $91.7 million and net income per basic and diluted limited partner unit climbed 6.0% to $1.93 per unit. EBITDA for the 2011 Quarter decreased slightly by 2.3% to $129.2 million.
ARLP also announced that the Board of Directors of its managing general partner increased the cash distribution to unitholders for the fifteenth consecutive quarter. The distribution for the 2011 Quarter rose to $0.99 per unit (an annualized rate of $3.96 per unit), payable on February 14, 2012 to all unitholders of record as of the close of trading on February 7, 2012. The announced distribution represents a 15.1% increase over the cash distribution of $0.86 for the 2010 Quarter and a 3.7% increase over the cash distribution of $0.955 for the 2011 third quarter (the "Sequential Quarter").
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV