Telephone And Data Systems Inc. Stock Upgraded (TDS)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry average. The net income increased by 72.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $41.42 million to $71.29 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TDS has a quick ratio of 1.67, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 65.98% to $435.60 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TELEPHONE & DATA SYSTEMS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.01%.
- TELEPHONE & DATA SYSTEMS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TELEPHONE & DATA SYSTEMS INC reported lower earnings of $1.27 versus $1.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.03 versus $1.27).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV