Kaydon Corporation Stock Upgraded (KDN)
- KAYDON CORP has improved earnings per share by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KAYDON CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.67 versus $1.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.80 versus $1.67).
- KDN's revenue growth trails the industry average of 30.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- KDN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.29, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 40.70% is the gross profit margin for KAYDON CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.90% is above that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Machinery industry average. The net income increased by 10.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $13.09 million to $14.50 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.