And as we recently been highlighting, there is a further reason we continue to see strong growth in the mask category other than the introduction of the new products is that there is excellent business in the resupply or replenishment of masks to the existing patient base. And in this context we are working with our DME and HME customers to help them leverage this business opportunity.
Global growth in flow generators this quarter was primarily driven by ventilation and bilevel devices including significant contribution from our Adaptive Servo-Ventilation line, the VPAP Adapt and the S9 AutoSet CS, but in addition also the Stellar products. And we can provide more granularity on that if people wish. In the Americas, bilevels are regaining share as they prove to be a strong value proposition for HMEs and physicians who we believe are scripting them.
Growth in the basic flow generator market is still somewhat problematic. It continues to be a challenging environment and actually proved to be a bit more so this quarter in Europe due to difficult macroeconomics or the macroeconomic environment there which people don’t need very much explanation on.
The European climate is a little bit cautious and perhaps nervous and the market has slowed somewhat, looking more like growth levels in the US, that is around the 6% to 8% mark. But because we don’t have any material business in those countries or in the countries under severe distress, we’re somewhat isolated from the potential basket cases if you like, the so called PIIGS.Ventilation sales of the Stellar 100 and the 150 continue to grow progressively in Europe and parts of Asia. The 150 Stellar was launched in Europe at the end of the calendar year and both products have received regulatory approval in Japan and will launched there soon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV