Kansas City Southern (KSU)
Company Profile: Kansas City Southern is a relatively small railroad in terms of size -- it derives half its $1.5 billion revenue on 3,200 miles of track in the central and southern U.S.Investor Takeaway: Morningstar says its most beneficial sales "are produced by operating long-term concessions on 2,700 miles of rail in Mexico and 47 miles of track adjacent to the Panama Canal." Morningstar adds that the company "is developing a significant intermodal franchise including access to Mexican ports, and its 50% ownership of the Panama Canal railway, are well-placed to carry containers bound for Mexico and the U.S. Its shares are up 9.4% this year. S&P found eight "buys," five "buy/holds," and eight "holds," among the analysts who follow the stock. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Stocks to Ride the Economic Revival portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Frank Byrt in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Frank Byrt. >To follow Frank Byrt on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/frankbyrt. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV