This ceramic proppants manufacturer announced $158.1 million in fourth-quarter revenue, an increase of 32% from $119.6 million a year earlier. The company's fourth-quarter profit was $33.1 million, or $1.43 a share, up from $20.8 million, or 90 cents, last year.
"We are lowering our 2012, 2013, and 2104 EPS estimates to $6.35, $9.00, and $12.50 from $7.50, $10.05, and $14.00, respectively, based mainly on lower capacity utilization," Dahlman Rose analysts wrote in a report on Friday. "We no longer assume Carbo is sold out and, instead, assume ceramic capacity utilization is 89% -- and then 94% in 2012 and 2013 -- and assume RCS capacity utilization is 75% and 89% in 2012 and 2013, respectively."
Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 0.7%Rated "B+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's third-quarter gross profit margin increased from the previous year. Carbo is extremely liquid. Its Quick Ratio is 2.31, which demonstrates it can meet its short-term cash needs. In the third quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 19.33% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $168.33. The stock closed Thursday at $104.
Genesis Energy Genesis is involved in the midstream segment of the oil and natural gas business. It announced on Jan. 11 that it would offer a 2.9% higher dividend of 44 cents a share to shareholders. "This was slightly below our estimate of $0.4475 but up 10.0% compared to the February 2011 distribution," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a report on Jan. 11. Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 6.1% Rated "B+ (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's third-quarter gross profit margin increased from a year ago. Genesis has weak liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 0.96, which demonstrates a lack of ability to meet its short-term cash needs. In the third quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 43.67% from the previous year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $33.03. The stock closed Thursday at $28.98.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV