4. City Holding
City Holding (CHCO) operates as the bank holding company for City National Bank of West Virginia that offers community banking services to consumers and local businesses.
The Company reported net income per diluted share for 2011 of $2.67 compared to $2.47 per diluted share 2010. Net income for 2011 was $40.7 million compared to $39.0 million for 2010.Loan balances increased by $108 million, helping net interest margins to remain relatively stable despite lower interest rates. The bank delivered a return on asset of 1.51%, up from 1.47% in 2010. City announced in Nov. 2011 the execution of a definitive agreement to acquire Virginia Savings Bancorp of Front Royal, Virginia. The proposed merger is expected to close in the first half of 2012; TheStreet Ratings recently upgraded the stock to a buy. "The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value." The stock trades at 14 times its forward earnings estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV