Updated from 5:35 p.m. ET to add information on Transocean and latest share prices.
The San Francisco-based company reported non-GAAP earnings of $41 million, or 25 cents a share, on revenue for $204 million for the three months ended Dec. 31. That's up slightly from its equivalent profit of $40 million, or 24 cents a share, on revenue of $191 million in the third quarter.
The average estimate of analysts polled by
Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 24 cents a share in the latest quarter on revenue of $200.8 million.
StarbucksShares of Starbucks (SBUX) slid in the extended session after the coffee seller's outlook for fiscal 2012 came in short of the consensus view. The Seattle-based coffee seller sees earnings of $1.78 to $1.82 a share for the full year, slightly below the current Wall Street consensus view for a profit of $1.83 a share. The company said it expects "unfavorable" commodity costs to impact results this year with the brunt of the impact coming in the first half of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV