Updated from 5:35 p.m. ET to add information on Transocean and latest share prices.
The San Francisco-based company reported non-GAAP earnings of $41 million, or 25 cents a share, on revenue for $204 million for the three months ended Dec. 31. That's up slightly from its equivalent profit of $40 million, or 24 cents a share, on revenue of $191 million in the third quarter.
The average estimate of analysts polled by
Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 24 cents a share in the latest quarter on revenue of $200.8 million.
StarbucksShares of Starbucks (SBUX) slid in the extended session after the coffee seller's outlook for fiscal 2012 came in short of the consensus view. The Seattle-based coffee seller sees earnings of $1.78 to $1.82 a share for the full year, slightly below the current Wall Street consensus view for a profit of $1.83 a share. The company said it expects "unfavorable" commodity costs to impact results this year with the brunt of the impact coming in the first half of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV