Frontier Communications (FTR)
Company Description: Frontier is a communications company offering telephone, Internet, and television services in smaller and mid-sized communities in the U.S.Dividend Yield: 15.8% Stock Price Performance YTD/2011: -5% / -47% Is The Yield Worth It?: Holding the highest yield in the S&P 500, it certainly looks like a no-brainer on the surface. But the company's payout ratio exceeds 100% and, given that the company has about $2 billion in debt and only $300 million in cash, it could very well mean that a reduction in the dividend is on the way.
R.R. Donnelley (RRD) Company Description: R.R. Donnelley is the world's largest printing company by revenue. Dividend Yield: 8.5% Stock Price Performance YTD/2011: -18% / -17% Is The Yield Worth It?: Earlier this month, R.R. Donnelley provided a disappointing earnings outlook that caused the stock to drop significantly, which in turn boosted the dividend yield. Normally, that's a troubling sign and would make the stock an accidental yielder. However, the company did increase its free cash guidance, which is a good sign that the dividend isn't in immediate risk of being cut.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV