LogMein (LOGM) is a Web-based technology company that provides solutions for remote computer access, file sharing and data backup. I consider this company to be a quintessential good product company that has drawn in investors seeking riches. I even use LogMein for a small business that I own 220 miles away from home.
But the company's products are not unique, and competition is everywhere. For example, just look at GoToMyPC.com, owned by Citrix Systems (CTXS), or remotepc.com. I can envision Google (GOOG) one day giving a similar product away for free.
Once again, I cannot fathom paying a premium multiple for a company that does not have a unique or proprietary product. As I mentioned for CommVault, LogMein has an extremely high historical volatility, which is a warning sign to a high valuation stock.For another take on LogMein, check out 9 IT Services Stocks With Upside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV