MILLBURN, N.J. ( Stockpickr) -- In July 2011, I featured five stocks with high PEG ratios and recommended selling them or selling them short. Since then, the markets have endured a series of dramatic turns, both up and down, only to come out of it essentially unchanged.
All five of those high-PEG stocks, though, have declined over the past six month. Some have dipped more than others, but on average, the decline was well into the double-digit percentages.
With that performance in mind, here are five more high-PEG stocks to avoid.
RollinsRollins (ROL), best known for its Orkin subsidiary, offers pest and termite control to residential and commercial customers. The company is best known as being the "Orkin Man." The company typically has a very slow yet steady rate of growth. Despite the housing bust, homeowners still call on the Orkin Man to get rid of those dangerous termites, dirty roaches and pesky mice. >>5 Big Stocks to Trade for Gains That said, 2011 was a banner year for Rollins due to the bed bug scare in the U.S. The media was obsessed with bed bug stories for several weeks last summer. Many people did not have bed bugs but still had their homes treated for the pests.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV