The Company's estimated total risk-based capital ratio at December 31, 2011, was 19.2%, significantly exceeding the required minimum of 10% to be considered a well-capitalized institution. The ratio of tangible common equity to total tangible assets was 11.0% as of December 31, 2011.In the fourth quarter of 2011, the Company continued to post organic and acquisition-related loan growth, increasing on a linked-quarter basis and advancing significantly compared with the year-earlier quarter. Still, bank acquisitions, including the Company's second and third whole-bank acquisitions in February 2011 and August 2011, respectively, accounted for much of the growth in loans and deposits over the past 12 months. At December 31, 2011, the Company's loan portfolio, including loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions, totaled $560.6 million, which was flat on a linked-quarter basis as a result of organic loan growth of $14.4 million, which offset loan pay-downs in the FDIC-assisted portfolios. Total deposits stood at $884.2 million at the end of the fourth quarter of 2011, down $15.9 million or 2% from $900.1 million at September 30, 2011, driven primarily by planned time deposit runoff.
- Covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions decreased $8.7 million to $107.5 million;
- Non-covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions decreased $6.0 million to $18.7 million;
- The FDIC loss-share receivable associated with covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions decreased $3.9 million to $83.9 million;
- The accretion for the FDIC loss-share receivable turned negative $72,000;
- The non-accretable discount decreased $9.3 million to $89.5 million; and
- The accretable discount increased $4.0 million to $12.8 million.