The Company's estimated total risk-based capital ratio at December 31, 2011, was 19.2%, significantly exceeding the required minimum of 10% to be considered a well-capitalized institution. The ratio of tangible common equity to total tangible assets was 11.0% as of December 31, 2011.
In the fourth quarter of 2011, the Company continued to post organic and acquisition-related loan growth, increasing on a linked-quarter basis and advancing significantly compared with the year-earlier quarter. Still, bank acquisitions, including the Company's second and third whole-bank acquisitions in February 2011 and August 2011, respectively, accounted for much of the growth in loans and deposits over the past 12 months. At December 31, 2011, the Company's loan portfolio, including loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions, totaled $560.6 million, which was flat on a linked-quarter basis as a result of organic loan growth of $14.4 million, which offset loan pay-downs in the FDIC-assisted portfolios. Total deposits stood at $884.2 million at the end of the fourth quarter of 2011, down $15.9 million or 2% from $900.1 million at September 30, 2011, driven primarily by planned time deposit runoff.
Accounting for FDIC-Assisted Loans
The Company performs ongoing assessments of the estimated cash flows of its acquired FDIC-assisted loan portfolios. The fair value of the FDIC-assisted loan portfolios consist of $107.5 million in covered and $18.7 million in non-covered loans as of December 31, 2011, compared with $116.2 million in covered and $24.7 million in non-covered loans as of September 30, 2011. The principal balance of the FDIC-assisted loan portfolios totaled $228.4 million as of December 31, 2011, compared with $248.6 million as of September 30, 2011. The details of the accounting for the FDIC-assisted loan portfolios for the fourth quarter of 2011 are as follows:
- Covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions decreased $8.7 million to $107.5 million;
- Non-covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions decreased $6.0 million to $18.7 million;
- The FDIC loss-share receivable associated with covered loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions decreased $3.9 million to $83.9 million;
- The accretion for the FDIC loss-share receivable turned negative $72,000;
- The non-accretable discount decreased $9.3 million to $89.5 million; and
- The accretable discount increased $4.0 million to $12.8 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV