Heritage Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HBOS), the holding company for HeritageBank of the South, today announced unaudited financial results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2011. Key aspects of the Company's results for the year ended 2011 include:
- Net income of $3.8 million, or $0.47 per diluted share, compared with net income of $1.4 million or $0.17 per diluted share for the year ended 2010;
- Excluding special items for each year, net income was $1.6 million or $0.19 per diluted share versus a net loss of $434,000 or $0.05 per diluted share for 2010 (see reconciliation of non-GAAP items);
- Organic loan growth, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $36.8 million or 9% from 2010;
- Loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased $104.8 million or 490% from 2010, driven primarily by two FDIC-assisted acquisitions completed during 2011;
- A decrease in the allowance for loan losses to 1.72% of period-end loans, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, from 2.04% of period-end loans, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, for 2010;
- A slight increase in annualized net charge-offs to 0.91% for 2011 from 0.87% for 2010; and
- A decline in nonperforming assets (NPAs) to total assets, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, to 0.95% at year-end 2011 from 1.80% at year-end 2010.
Commenting on the results, Leonard Dorminey, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "This past year marked a period of historic growth for our company as we completed two strategic FDIC-assisted acquisitions that vastly expanded our branch network and increased our market share in Southeast Georgia. We have fully integrated these acquisitions and continue to explore other opportunities for strategic expansion.
"During 2011, we saw a dramatic decrease in our provision expense as we continue to experience improvement in the credit quality in our loan portfolio, excluding loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions," Dorminey continued. "We are optimistic about the prospects for continued improvement in our financial performance in 2012."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts