Boston Private Financial Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BPFH) (the “Company” or “BPFH”) today reported fourth quarter 2011 GAAP Net Income Attributable to the Company of $13.1 million, compared to GAAP Net Income of $11.7 million in the third quarter of 2011. BPFH reported fourth quarter diluted earnings per share of $0.15 compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.14 in the third quarter of 2011.
For the full year of 2011, BPFH reported GAAP Net Income Attributable to the Company of $39.1 million, compared to a GAAP net loss of $11.0 million for the full year of 2010. BPFH reported diluted earnings per share of $0.46, compared to a $0.29 loss per share for 2010.
“Our fourth quarter results show continued progress with our plan to return the Company to sustainable and acceptable profitability,” said CEO and President Clayton G. Deutsch. “We continue to drive improvements in asset quality, and our overall restructuring program remains on track. As we have made headway with our restructuring program, we are increasingly focused on growth. Our recent fourth quarter loan growth trajectory in all of our markets is encouraging. ”
Revenue Down Slightly in Low Rate EnvironmentNet Interest Income in the fourth quarter was $44.1 million, down 2% from $45.1 million in the third quarter of 2011. For the full year of 2011, Net Interest Income was down 1% to $178.9 million. Fees and Other Income for the quarter decreased slightly to $31.2 million, from $31.4 million in the third quarter of 2011. For the full year of 2011, Fees and Other Income increased 12% to $125.0 million. Net Interest Margin was 3.17% in the quarter, down eight basis points from the third quarter of 2011. For the full year of 2011, Net Interest Margin was 3.25%, down five basis points from the full year of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV