DFC Global Corp. (NASDAQ: DLLR), a leading international diversified financial services company serving primarily unbanked and under-banked consumers for over 30 years, today announced its results for the fiscal second quarter ended December 31, 2011.
Fiscal 2012 Second Quarter Highlights
- Total consolidated revenue grew to a record $263.4 million for the quarter, an increase of $80.9 million, or 44.3%, compared to the three months ended December 31, 2010. On a constant currency basis, total consolidated revenue increased by $82.9 million, or 45.5%.
- Total consumer lending revenue increased to $159.7 million for the quarter, representing an increase of $60.4 million, or 60.8%, compared to the prior year’s quarter. Revenue from internet-based loans grew to $61.9 million for the quarter compared to $13.6 million for the three months ended December 31, 2010.
- Total revenue from pawn lending increased to $20.5 million for the three months ended December 31, 2011 compared to $7.3 million for the prior year’s quarter. Pawn lending represented 7.8% of total consolidated revenue for the three months ended December 31, 2011 compared to 4.0% for the prior year’s quarter.
- Consolidated adjusted EBITDA was a record $74.6 million for the three months ended December 31, 2011, representing an increase of $21.7 million, or 41.0%, compared to the prior year’s quarter, while also increasing by $22.3 million, or 42.2%, on a constant currency basis during the same period.
- Diluted operating earnings per share was a record $0.51 for the fiscal 2012 second quarter compared to $0.37 for the second quarter of the prior fiscal year, representing an increase of 37.8%.
Discussion on Presentation of Information
The average value of the U.S. Dollar strengthened in relation to the Canadian Dollar and British Pound Sterling during the quarter, as compared to the prior year period, with the average values of both the Canadian and British currencies decreasing approximately 1% relative to the U.S. Dollar. Consequently, fluctuations in currency rates had a moderate unfavorable impact on year-over-year comparisons of the Company’s consolidated financial results; and as a result, the Company is providing some country comparisons on a constant currency basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV