NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Every grain of sand is critical in the shale drilling boom of North America, literally.
For companies involved in the hydraulic fracturing boom, from the miners of the sand like Carbo Ceramics (CRR) to the oil service companies like RPC (RES) dependent on increased supply, and finally, to exploration and production companies like Whiting Petroleum (WLL) that are paying increasing costs, sand is a critical raw material.
Sand is mixed with water and chemicals in the fracking process to extract oil and gas trapped in shale rock, and most of that sand comes from mines in the Wisconsin/Minnesota area.
|The most important commodity in the shale drilling boom isn't oil or gas: it's sand.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV