Biolase Technology (BLTI) is a medical technology company. Biolase Technology designs, manufactures and markets dental, cosmetic and surgical lasers and related products. This stock is trading up 13.7% to $3.24 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.08-$3.3452-week Range: $2.14-$6.85 Volume: 576,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 228,902 From a technical standpoint, BLTI has started to trigger a big breakout trade today now that this stock is clearing some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.87 to $3.09 on strong volume. At last check, this stock hit $3.40 at the highs of the day, which is very close to the next big overheard resistance level of $3.51. Traders should now watch for BLTI to sustain a high-volume move or close over $3.51 to signal that this stock wants to re-test its 200-day moving average of $3.80. Look for volume on a move over $3.51 that's near or above 228,902 shares. Any move then over $3.81 and the last key overhead resistance levels around $3.89 should be considered very bullish for BLTI. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV