NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
iShares MSCI Turkey Investable Market Index Fund (TUR) 2.6%
Turkey's marketplace is seeing another strong move higher, pushing TUR to levels last seen prior to its November sell-off. Over the past 10 trading sessions, the fund has seen only two days of losses.
While the nation's trajectory has been encouraging, TUR's future action will continue to be tested as developed European nations work to solve their ongoing sovereign debt issues.Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN) 2.1% Solar stocks are heading higher as we approach the end of the week. The past two days of strength have been encouraging for TAN which, over the past week, has seen its rally slow. The alternative energy sector could have some fuel left in the tank. Any upward action, however, will likely rely heavily on whether or not moods remain lifted. Global X Silver Miners ETF (SIL) 1.9% A handful of precious metals-related products are following up Wednesday's show of strength with another winning session. Leading the climb are miner-focused funds like SIL and the Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ). Not all funds are seeing strength, however. The bullion-backed ETFS Physical Palladium Shares (PALL) is seeing slight losses.
LosersUnited States Natural Gas Fund (UNG) -5.2% This week has been an encouraging one for the battered natural gas industry and, in this
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV