NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Are stocks underowned?
Ron Insana said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show on Thursday that money has been having moving out of equities for some time even as the Fed has been telling investors to be in risk assets.
Since 2007, $330 billion have flowed out of stock funds, while $114 billion has moved into bond funds and $475 billion have poured into money market funds.
Insana said that retail investors have simply got it wrong in a market that has moved up 80% since March 2009.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV