One stock in the oil and gas complex where insiders are snapping up a huge amount of stock in is Ferrellgas Partners (FGP), a distributor of propane and related equipment and supplies to customers primarily in the U.S. Insiders are clearly finding some value here since the stock is down over 15% in the last three months.
Ferrellgas Partners has a market cap of $1.35 billion and an enterprise value of $2.6 billion. This stock trades at a reasonable valuation, with a forward price-to-earning of 31.11. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 166.7%, and for next year it's pegged at 42.5%. This is far from a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $13.13 million and its total debt is a whopping $1.28 billion. Ferrellgas sports a monster dividend yield of 11.5%, making It one of the highest-yielding energy stocks.A director just bought 1,388,888 shares, or $25 million worth of stock, at $18.00 per share. From a technical standpoint, FGP is currently trading well below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock has been hammered lower in the past few months from its December high of $22.52 to its recent low of $17.06 a share. This big selloff has pushed shares of FGP into oversold territory since its relative strength (RSI) reading is just coming off of below 30 levels. If you're bullish FGP, I would look to be a buyer once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance at $17.94 a share with volume. Look for volume that's tracking in close to or near its three-month average action of 251.421 shares. I would simply use a mental stop on any long position that's right below $17.06 a share, since that's the recent low.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV