And M&A was down. It was down really because it's just a lumpier business for us. I don't think, again, in backlog, anything really stands out. But the quarter -- they were down for the quarter.
And our Tax Credit Funds last quarter had a very big quarter, and not as good of a quarter this month -- this quarter. So if you add that all together, we had a lot of headwinds into the Equity Capital Markets segment. But again, not backlog related, but I do think market related.
Fixed income kind of started to recover from a poor quarter, the previous quarter, as it was in the industry. And especially, December was pretty strong, and January was off to a good start also. So -- but -- so most of that Capital Markets numbers you see are really focused on the Equity Capital Markets segment.
On the Asset Management business, again we had a slight down draft because of our billings. But you can see that the assets under management are up 9%. So a reasonable quarter given the start, we do, as you can see from the earnings from the segment, do have leverage in that segment. So as the revenue's up, we get a leverage up or down on the pretax profits from there. So I think, again, we should bode well a good start on the Asset Management business.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV