Evans Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company” or “Evans”) (NYSE Amex: EVBN), a community financial services company serving Western New York since 1920, announced today that Mr. Philip Brothman has chosen to not seek reelection as Chairman of the Board of Evans Bancorp and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Evans Bank, at the Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders in April 2012. Mr. Brothman, who has served on the Board since 1976, will continue as a director of the Company and the Bank. He has served as Chairman of the Board since January 2001, and over his tenure was a member on each of the Board’s committees. He is of counsel to the law firm of Harris Beach, PLLC.
“Since 2001, I have had the pleasure and honor to serve as the first independent Chairman of the Board for Evans Bancorp and Evans Bank. During this 11-year period, we have had tremendous growth with assets more than tripling from $225 million to $733 million. And, we have effectively executed on our strategy to transform the Bank into a stronger, more diversified financial institution. I have great confidence in the Company’s leadership and it has been a privilege to work with them as well as with my fellow Directors,” commented Mr. Brothman. “My decision to not seek reelection as Chairman is also in keeping with our Board succession plan and, although I will stay on as a director, it allows me the opportunity to devote more of my time to other commitments.”
The Company expects that John R. O’Brien, Vice Chairman, will succeed Mr. Brothman as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Evans Bancorp and Evans Bank at the April 2012 Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Mr. O’Brien has served on the Board of Directors since 2003 and is Chairman of the Audit Committee and a member of the Human Resource and Compensation, Nominating, and Executive Loan Committees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV