NEW YORK and LONDON, Jan. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FOREX.com, the online retail trading division of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), has launched a new service providing German investors access to more than 70 markets including FX, indices and commodities. The move is part of GAIN Capital's ongoing European expansion, having established FOREX.com in the UK in 2009 and following last year's acquisition of Deutsche Bank's retail trading business- dbFX.
Glenn Stevens, CEO, GAIN Capital, commented, "FX trading is growing rapidly in Germany: last year alone it increased by an estimated 30% and as a result we saw significant demand for a fully localized German FOREX.com service. We are confident that this trend will continue into 2012 and beyond, and that we can gain significant market share to become a leader in German online trading in the coming years."
According to the Bank of International Settlements Triennial Central Bank Survey, the global foreign exchange market reached $4.0 trillion in average daily turnover in 2010, 20% higher than in 2007. "Retail investors are increasingly aware of the importance foreign currencies play in global economics and the impact currency values have on other forms of investment. With the euro facing a crucial test as the national debt crisis continues to gather pace it is a really interesting time for retail investors to add foreign exchange to their investment portfolio," said Kathleen Brooks, director of research at FOREX.com.Clients can access the trading platform as a download, through web and mobile browsers, and through native apps for iPhone, iPad and Android - giving them the ability to manage their accounts and access real time charts and news on the move. Every client benefits from FOREX.com's commitment to complete price transparency and quality trade execution, supported 24 hours a day, six days a week. A German speaking support team is also available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV