Second, we had a strong quarter with our big data management and archive products, with total revenue for this category up 18% year-over-year and 6% sequentially. Specifically, our StorNext appliances, which includes the StorNext Archive Enabled Library, StorNext M330 and Q-Series Storage system, were very strong, and customer interest in these recently launched products is very high. We believe that our big data strategy of continuing to invest in both StorNext as a standalone software product and new StorNext appliances is the right one and key to our overall growth objectives.
Our StorNext software offerings serves the needs of our installed base customers and our traditional use cases, where users have decided on their hardware choices and want to continue to own the productization of their StorNext solution. Our StorNext appliances enable us to significantly broaden our total available market and more deeply penetrate new market segments by allowing customers to purchase the whole solution from Quantum.
Another highlight was the continued DXi6701/02 momentum in Q2. We thought we might see a slight fall-off from the incredible Q2 launch quarter, but in fact, these products grew sequentially in both revenue and unit. In addition, we saw strong traction with our new entry-level DXi4601. We provide the unique offering with our DXi data protection solutions. An analyst firm, IDC, recently completed a study of our DXi solutions, showing that for every dollar invested, customers are seeing a return of $4.75, with the typical time to payback of 7 months. In addition, further demonstrating the leverage we are -- we get as our DXi business grows, the number of customers buying both a DXi appliance and a Quantum tape system more than doubled from the same quarter last year and was up 12% sequentially.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV