Full-year 2011 diluted earnings per share were $0.60 including $0.07 per share for restructuring and certain legal expenses. Excluding these charges, full-year 2011 adjusted earnings per share were $0.67, compared to $0.66 in 2010. Despite the higher overall sales, earnings per share were only slightly higher primarily due to the natural disasters and increased research and development spending for new products.
Management estimates that the full-year lost earnings impact related to the natural disasters net of all insurance recoveries is approximately a $0.02 loss per share.
Other noteworthy events:
- CTS announced a 17% dividend increase to its shareholders. On an annual basis the dividend will now be $0.14 per share compared to the previous rate of $0.12 per share.
- The acquisition of Valpey-Fisher was completed this week. Valpey-Fisher is a U.S. based public company located near Boston, with annual sales of approximately $15 million. Valpey-Fisher is a designer and manufacturer of highly engineered electronic components. This acquisition will expand CTS’ technology and bring strong engineering capabilities and management leadership.
- We repurchased approximately 403,000 shares for $3.6 million, at an average price of $8.86 in 2011, of which approximately 257,000 shares were repurchased in the fourth quarter of 2011. Approximately 574,000 shares remain in our one million share buyback authorization.
- In the fourth quarter, CTS initiated a bank amendment which was completed in early January. This amendment increased the Company’s facility from $150 million to $200 million, while keeping it unsecured and at a more favorable pricing through 2017.
Full-year cash flow from operations was $22.2 million and capital expenditures were $15.6 million. The impact of the natural disasters and new program launch activity kept the inventories higher than our target and thus lowered cash flow in 2011. Management expects working capital and cash flow to improve in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV