AKRON, Ohio, Jan. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A. Schulman (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading global supplier of engineered plastics, will be featuring its Schulamid ® 612 products for fluid management systems and other applications at NPE 2012, April 1-5, 2012, in Orlando, Florida. A. Schulman will be in the South Hall, Booth 15000.
The Company's Schulamid ® Nylon 612 products provide high dimensional stability (via low moisture absorption), chemical resistance, salt corrosion resistance, cold temperature impact resistance and high heat resistance (40 degrees C higher melt temperature, compared with Nylon 12) for optimal performance in fluid management systems, and are commercially viable alternatives to PPA, Nylon 610, Nylon 11 and 12. Compounds optimized for fuel and brake system components are available, for applications including extruded polymer-coated metal tubing, extruded mono-wall and multi-wall tubing, and injection molded connectors. With A. Schulman's new state-of-the-art fluid systems tubing development lab, the Company will be able to provide customized high performance compounds in extruded smooth and corrugated tubing structures for fuel and brake lines.
"The Schulamid ® 612 platform was developed in collaboration with our technical teams in Germany and the United States, and in close cooperation with several global Tier 1 fluid management systems providers. Schulamid ® 612 compounds offer expanded capabilities such as higher heat resistance and corrosion resistance that add value and proven performance to our customers' products," said Jeff McCoy, Senior Business Manager, NA Engineered Plastics Business Unit.Adds Thilo Stier, Innovation Manager, EMEA Engineered Plastics Business Unit: "The wide range of polymers available globally are provided by A. Schulman with local manufacturing and service, which enables our specialists to recommend cost-efficient multilayer structures to meet our customers' needs wherever they are." A. Schulman provides global technical support for these products in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions, where it works with producers of specialty nylons and product manufacturers on application development; product selection, testing and validation; and manufacturability. Because of its expanded range of products and product development labs in Germany, the United States and Mexico, A. Schulman is able to serve a wide variety of markets including Automotive, Heavy Truck, Industrial, Off Shore and Automation. About A. Schulman, Inc. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins. These materials are used in a variety of consumer, industrial, automotive and packaging applications. The Company employs about 3,000 people and has 35 manufacturing facilities globally. A. Schulman reported net sales of $2.2 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2011. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com. Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements A number of the matters discussed in this document that are not historical or current facts deal with potential future circumstances and developments and may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historic or current facts and relate to future events and expectations. Forward-looking statements contain such words as "anticipate," "estimate," "expect," "project," "intend," "plan," "believe," and other words and terms of similar meaning in connection with any discussion of future operating or financial performance. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and include known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which management is unable to predict or control, that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements, and that could adversely affect the Company's future financial performance, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- worldwide and regional economic, business and political conditions, including continuing economic uncertainties in some or all of the Company's major product markets;
- the effectiveness of the Company's efforts to improve operating margins through sales growth, price increases, productivity gains, and improved purchasing techniques;
- competitive factors, including intense price competition;
- fluctuations in the value of currencies in major areas where the Company operates;
- volatility of prices and availability of the supply of energy and raw materials that are critical to the manufacture of the Company's products, particularly plastic resins derived from oil and natural gas;
- changes in customer demand and requirements;
- effectiveness of the Company to achieve the level of cost savings, productivity improvements, growth and other benefits anticipated from acquisitions and restructuring initiatives;
- escalation in the cost of providing employee health care;
- uncertainties regarding the resolution of pending and future litigation and other claims;
- the performance of the North American auto market; and
- further adverse changes in economic or industry conditions, including global supply and demand conditions and prices for products.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.