2. Chuck Prince, former Citigroup CEO
Prince, an attorney, was handed the top job in 2003 in part because he was considered well-equipped to clean up various regulatory messes at Citigroup at the time, including a total of $4.7 billion to settle lawsuits that claimed Citigroup helped defraud investors of Enron Corp.and WorldCom Inc., according to a Bloomberg report published at the time of Prince's departure from Citigroup.
The Federal Reserve pushed Prince to toughen internal controls at Citigroup, but he soon let risk run wild at the company under fixed income head Tom Maheras. He will always be remembered for the infamous quote he gave to the Financial Times, "as long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he told the newspaper, adding, "We're still dancing."Though Citigroup would eventually need $45 billion in bailout funds from the U.S. Treasury, Prince managed to walk away with $147 million in his final year, according to The New York Times.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV