NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "This market has more ways to win than a casino," Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers on Wednesday. He said the averages only tell part of this market's remarkable story.
He said hostile takeovers are just one way to win, as Illumina (ILMN) proved today when it received a hostile bid after languishing for months. He said there's also money to be made in what he called the "reversal trade," betting that the markets will rebound after a down opening. This was also proven today, he said, as the market created countless intraday bargains.There's even money to be made on downgrades, as Goldman Sachs (GS) showed investors today. That stock finished nearly flat on the day, despite a downgrade that just a few months ago, would have sent the stock down for days. Cramer said the ways to win also include "faux" earnings misses, earnings that are reported as bad, but are actually good. Investors can also win with commodities, as gold and copper proved today when both opened lower, only to fly into the close. And finally, there's Apple (APPL), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. Cramer said the Apple story is remarkable. Just two years ago, critics panned the iPad, yet today it's "game over" for iPad competitors as the company sold a record 15 million of them. Apple has also seen staggering growth for iPhone, as consumers are captivated by its digital assistant named Siri. Cramer said the best way to play Apple is to simply own Apple and buy more on any weakness. Put all of these ways to win together and Cramer said investors have a robust market that can make them more money than it has in years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV