The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (Insider Monkey) -- J.P. Morgan published a report Jan. 12 identifying the best information technology and business process outsourcing services stocks. The report isn't publicly available but we will share its main points. In the report, Tien-tsin Huang, Puneet Jain and Dick Wei share their opinion of the IT and BPO Services stocks performing better relative to the S&P 500 in 2012.
Stocks that have a high mix of offshore delivery, have the ability to cut costs of clients, have high exposure to health care, and have investments with a long-term impact on growth profile are preferred. The overall IT services budget is expected to be flat "with a potential for modest declines" as the macroeconomic environment worsens. Here are the stocks discussed in the report:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV